We are continuously updating our website, and striving to ensure that it can be accessed by people no matter what browser, computer system or access requirements they have.
If you have any queries about accessibility on JLA, or if there are any features you would like to be added that would make it easier for you to browse our website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email will be sent to our IT team and they will investigate ways to assist you.
As an organisation, JLA Limited is committed to consistently provide and pursue the highest achievable levels of customer satisfaction. We recognise that customer satisfaction is the key to maintaining and extending our prominent position within the current and future market place. To achieve this commitment we continuously apply the principles of quality assurance by maintaining:
- Registration to ISO 9001 through UKAS accredited 3rd party assessors;
- A quality awareness culture throughout our organisation;
- Compliance with applicable statute, Health & Safety; British & industry standards;
- A culture of continuous improvement and advancement;
- An interest in our customers’ perception, both of ourselves, and of our performance;
- Sound and ethical business practices;
- A program of continuous personnel development and training;
- Regular internal audits and reviews of our procedures;
- A desire to correct, minimize, and learn from our mistakes so as not to repeat them.
We are a responsible company, being conscious of our environmental image and the impacts that result from our operations. Our policy to achieve this is to:
- Maintain registration to ISO 14001 through UKAS accredited 3rd party assessors;
- Minimize these impacts wherever it is practical to do so;
- Comply with all applicable environmental legislation;
- Comply with any other environmental requirements to which we subscribe;
- Continually improve our environmental management system;
- Monitor and minimize the fuel consumption of company vehicles;
- Monitor and minimize our paper usage;
- Encourage and increase the environmental awareness of our employees and suppliers;
- Prevent pollution acting quickly and responsibly should it occur.
Stephen Baxter - Chief Executive Officer
Modern slavery is a crime and a violation of fundamental human rights. It can take various forms, such as slavery, servitude, forced and compulsory labour and human trafficking, all of which have in common the deprivation of a person’s liberty by another in order to exploit them for personal or commercial gain. We have a zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery.
JLA's Safeguarding Policy click here
Welcome to the JLA website. By using this site you agree to the applicability of our website user terms and conditions. We note that these terms and conditions may be changed over time. Users of the site are advised to regularly read the terms and conditions for possible changes. The conditions are also available for inspection at the head office of JLA Limited, Meadowcroft Lane, Ripponden, West Yorkshire, HX6 4AJ, United Kingdom.
This website is owned and operated by JLA Ltd, a company established under British law. In these terms and conditions JLA, together with its subsidiaries, as well as separately will be referred to as “JLA”.
JLA will make reasonable efforts to provide up-to-date and accurate information on and by this website. However, this website serves information purposes only. No rights can be exercised from the information provided on the website of JLA.
JLA shall not be liable for any damages or injury of any kind resulting from your access to, or inability to access, this website, nor from your reliance on any Information provided on or by this web-site, including but not limited to damages as a result from viruses that may infect your computer equipment, defective software or data, the use of electronic communication, including – but not limited to damages resulting from failure or delay in delivery of electronic communications, interception or manipulation of electronic communications by third parties or by computer programs used for electronic communications and transmission of viruses., unless such damage is the result of any intentional misconduct or from negligence on the part of JLA.
The website of JLA may provide links or references to websites of third parties. JLA disclaims any responsibility for the content of such other sites. Please be aware that our Privacy and Cookie Statement does not apply to the collection and processing of your data on such other sites. JLA shall not be liable for any damages or injury of any kind arising from your access to, or inability to access or use of such other sites and the information provided thereon, nor from your use of or reliance on any information provided on such other sites. Any links to such other sites are provided merely as a convenience to the users of this website.
All products and services sold by JLA entities are subject to the relevant JLA standard terms and conditions of sale.
Unless otherwise indicated, all intellectual property rights with respect to this website and all information provided on or by this website (whether in text, images, lay out, software and other materials) are owned by JLA. JLA permits you to display, store and reproduce material from this website for personal use and non-commercial and informational purposes only. The use of the website of JLA is subject to the following conditions: no part of this website may be distributed or sold for commercial gain or for political purposes; no part of this website may be modified in any way; the copyright notice ("from the website of JLA") must appear on every copy or part thereof and the date of copying Unless otherwise indicated, all the trademarks displayed on this website are owned by or have been licensed to JLA. Nothing on this website should be construed as granting any license or right with respect to any trademark, copyright, patent or any other intellectual property right of JLA. Permission in writing of JLA is required for any other use of intellectual property contained on this website and all information provided on or via this website. Any misuse of its contents is strictly prohibited.
This website can be accessed from various countries around the world. As each of these countries has laws that may differ from those of the United Kingdom, by accessing this web-site you agree that the laws of the United Kingdom shall apply to all matters arising from or relating to the use and contents of this web-site or information provided to you by this website. User also agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts of The United Kingdom with respect to such matters.
If these website User Terms & Conditions are or become partially void, the parties will continue to be bound by remainder of the same. The parties shall replace the void part by provisions that are valid and have legal effect that correspond with those of the void part as much as possible, taking into account the content and purport of these User Terms & Conditions.
1. In these terms 'the Company' means JLA Ltd., 'the Customer' means the person, persons or company at whose request or on whose behalf the Company undertakes to supply any goods or provide any services.
2. No order shall be subject to any other conditions and these Terms and Conditions of Sale may only be varied in writing and signed by the Company and the Customer.
3. Any date given by the Company for the supply of goods or provision of services shall be approximate only. No supply of goods or provision of Services shall be overdue after such date until the Customer has made a written request to the Company and has given the Company a reasonable time to comply.
4. Any damage in transit must be reported to the Company in writing within three days of receipt of the goods. Shortages in delivery should be so marked on the delivery note returned with the driver or carrier.
5. No responsibility is accepted by the Company for any loss, damage or expense whatsoever arising from any failure or delay to deliver or provide goods or services to the Customer.
6. Should the Company be unable to supply specific goods as quoted for reasons beyond its control the Company reserves the right to either cancel the contract or, with the Customer's consent, supply an alternative product of equal or better quality or specification.
7. The Customer must satisfy himself that the goods supplied by the Company are fit and suitable for the purpose for which they are required and that they satisfy any statutory requirements relevant to that use. The Company does not warrant their suitability or condition in any way and all warranties, guarantees, terms and conditions whether express or implied by common law, statute or otherwise unless herein expressed are excluded to the extent that their exclusion is not rendered void by statute.
8. Prices quoted by the Company shall be fixed for acceptance and delivery of the goods to the Customer within a period of 30 days from the date of quotation. Beyond this time the Company reserves the right to charge the price ruling at the date of despatch.
9. Guarantees and Warranties are only applicable where specifically given in writing by the Company prior to the delivery of the goods or provision of services. The Company's liabilities arising out of the supply of the goods or provision of services shall be limited to faulty workmanship or material only and shall not apply to defects or malfunction due to any other cause. The Company will not in any circumstances be liable for any consequential damage, loss or expense howsoever caused whether to the Customer or to any other person or thing whether arising directly or indirectly from the defect or malfunction. However this shall not exclude the Company's liabilities in respect of death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Company.
10. Unless specifically quoted for by the Company installation of any goods is the responsibility of the Customer, even where the Company has introduced a known installer. All goods supplied by the Company should be installed in accordance with installation instructions. Failure to carry out these instructions may invalidate any guarantee provided or agreed by the Company.
11. All goods supplied by the Company remain the property of the Company until full payment is received. The risk in the goods passes to the Customer upon delivery. If the Customer shall sell the goods in such a manner as to pass to a third party a valid title to the goods, the Customer shall hold the proceeds of such sale in trust for the Company.
12. The Customer shall make payment for the goods or services including any VAT due thereon, to the terms and within the period specified by the Company. If payment terms have not been specified prior to the delivery of the goods or provision of the services full payment shall become due upon delivery of the goods or provision of the services. The Company reserves the right to charge interest on overdue payments from the date due at borrowing rates then current but not less than 3% above the Company's Bankers Base Rate from time to time in force.
13. The Company shall have a lien on all undelivered goods which the Customer agrees to buy from the Company for all monies due from the Customer to the Company under this or any other contract between them.
14. The Company can cancel this contract (without prejudice to their other rights and remedies) should the Customer refuse or fail to accept delivery of the goods or if the Customer becomes insolvent.
15. The Company shall not be liable for any failure or delay in performing any of its obligations under this contract if such failure or delay is due to any Act of God, Riots and Commotion, Fire, Industrial Dispute or any such like circumstances beyond its control.
16. If any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions of Sale or any part or parts thereof shall be declared invalid or unenforceable all other provisions or any part or parts thereof shall remain in full force and effect.
17. The provisions of these Terms and Conditions of Sale and any dispute or litigation arising therefrom shall be construed in accordance with or governed by English Law.